In 1971, a group of counselors in Southern Maryland saw the need for youth counseling and began traveling through Charles, Calvert, and St. Mary’s counties offering counseling services to youth and families. In that first year, the counselors served 100 youth. Today, we are serving hundreds more each year.
Tri-County Youth Services Bureau (TCYSB) is a non-profit 501©3 community-based nonresidential delinquency prevention organization that operates under the authority of Article 83C, #2-122, Annotated Code of Maryland, Code of Maryland Regulations (COMAR) 16.04.01. A Youth Services Bureau works to minimize the impact of conditions that breed delinquency, violence, youth suicide, drug and alcohol abuse, and family disruption.
The mission of Tri-County Youth Services Bureau is to provide a respectful and compassionate atmosphere for youth and their families in Southern Maryland to learn through educational and counseling services how to communicate more creatively and how to more effectively understand and promote the values which are unique to each family.
Tri-County Youth Services Bureau, Inc. believes that:
· Opportunities must be provided for all families to grow and become more self-sufficient.
· A highly skilled and diverse staff is vital to meet the needs of a diverse population.
· All families should have equal access to educational and mental health services.
· Effective parenting is crucial to children’s success.
· Interagency collaboration is a vital aspect in the development of a responsive, effective service delivery system.
· All individuals have strengths and dignity and deserve
to be treated with respect.
Tri County Youth Services Bureau, Inc. is a model youth-serving agency with a highly qualified and diverse staff and Board, dedicated to providing contemporary, accessible services to youth and their families in Southern Maryland; empowering families to define and achieve their goals more effectively.
TCYSB maintains membership with the Maryland Association of Youth Serviceut