Lunch on Us is Charles County Public Schools (CCPS) summer meals program. The program is part of the federal child nutrition program to provide healthy meals to children ages 18 and under during summer vacation when school is out.
Lunch on Us begins June 29 and ends Aug. 14. Sites are closed on JuSummer meal sites are in safe supervised places likes schools, parks, businesses and community centers. Here are the locations and hours:
Hot lunches will be distributed at the following locations:
• Westlake High School, 11 a.m. to 12 p.m.
• Henry E. Lackey High School, 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
• Mt. Hope/Nanjemoy Elementary School, 12 p.m. to 1 p.m.
Cold, bagged lunches will be distributed at the following mobile sites:
• Eva Turner Elementary School, 11-11:20 a.m.
• Children’s Aid Society, 3000 Huntington Circle, Waldorf, 11:30-11:50 a.m.
• Milton M. Somers Middle School, 11:30-11:50 a.m.
• Tri-County Youth Services Bureau, 75 Industrial Park Drive, Waldorf, 12-12:20 p.m.
• Phoenix Run, 651 Piscataway Run, La Plata, 12-12:30 p.m.
• Charles Landing Apartments, Jameson Court, Indian Head, playground area, 12-12:30 p.m.
• Ell Lane Apartments, 12151 Ell Lane, Waldorf, management office, 12:30-12:50 p.m.
• Woodland Village Park, Thompson Lane, Indian Head, 12:45-1:15 p.m.
• Idlewood Trailer Park, Waldorf, 1-1:20 p.m.
• Holly Tree Apartments, 2482 Lake Drive, Waldorf, 1-1:20 p.m.
• Elite Gymnastics, 2745 Old Washington Road, Waldorf, 1:30-1:50 p.m.